- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” ~ (Harry S Truman, US President)
- “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.” ~ (William James)
- “Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” ~ (William James, American Philosopher)
Strength to Endure: You may think that when God comforts you, the hardships will go away. But we must understand that comfort means receiving strength to deal with our hardships.
“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.” 2 Corinthians 1:3 NLT
10 Tips To Save Money This Christmas: If you follow these money saving tips, the author of this story guarantees you will put more green — and less red — into holiday shopping this year. (Yahoo! Finance-moneywatch.com)
- Plan It: Before you shop, take ten minutes at home to create a spending plan that lists who you need to buy for and how much you will spend.
- Use Discounted Gift Cards: $100 worth of gifts for $80. You can purchase discounted gift cards from hundreds of online/offline retailers including the Apple Store, Radio Shack, Sears, Home Depot, and others. 5%-30% off – GiftCardRescue.com and GiftCards.com.
- Use Social Media: Before you start shopping, start following your favorite retailers on Twitter and Facebook. A quick search of their recent posts may reveal money-saving discount codes.
- Barter Via Online Chat: When you’re shopping online, look for a “chat” or “live help” button. Tell the customer service rep you’d like to shop with them but you want a 15% discount. Ask them to check with their manager or you will abandon your shopping cart and click over to their competitor. This won’t work all of the time, but when it does it will save you money.
- Find Discount Codes: I never buy anything online without trying to find a discount code first. I’ve literally saved hundreds of dollars and it doesn’t take more than a minute. Simply go to RetailMeNot.com, SecretPrices.com, and FreeShipping.org. Use durng the checkout process to get free shipping or to save 20% or more.
- Get Cash Back: I’ve used ebates.com (affiliate link — all proceeds will go to charity) for some time and have received several rebate checks.
- Bring on the Envelopes, Chuck the Credit Cards: Leave your credit cards and debit cards at home. Allocate an amount of money for each gift, and put that money in separate envelopes marked with the recipients’ names.
- Give Group Gifts: When exchanging presents within large groups of people, even “token” gifts can really add up. Try a “white elephant” exchange, a secret Santa strategy, or going in with co-workers on a gift for your boss.
- Make a Promise That You Won’t Buy Anything for Yourself: When you’re shopping for gifts, it’s easy to be tempted to buy for yourself. Make this season about others, not you — and remember that the items you want for yourself will likely be less expensive during the after-season sales.
- Avoid the “10% off, buy more” Phenomenon: Stores often offer great deals when you sign up for their credit cards, but beware the high rate of interest these cards charge and ask yourself if you’ll really be saving money in the long run. And don’t spend more than you intended just because you’re now getting a discount on your purchase.
350,000 Christmas Lights Illuminate N.M Home: This is the second year Joe Novak has synchronized Christmas lights to music. (KFOX TV)