- “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking” Robert H. Schuller
- “If you don’t have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?” from Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “South Pacific”
- Helen Keller was once asked if there was anything worse than losing one’s sight. She responded, “Yes, losing one’s vision.”
Haiti One Year Later: After the Quake – With a devastated infrastructure and 300,000 deaths the troubled Caribbean country has not recovered, but Christians continue to care… and help.
Facebook Morning Question? If you made a “Bucket list” name two things that would be on it… (A bucket list is a list of things you would like to do before you kick the bucket)
Like KSWP or KAVX on Facebook and weigh in on this serious question.
What kind of person do I want to become…? Recently as a part of my spiritual studies I was reminded of a prayer… Wikipedia says that while it is a Christian Prayer attributed to the 13th-century Saint Francis (although history cannot trace it back further than 1912). It has been known in the United States since 1936 and millions of copies where distributed during and just after World War II. I’m not sure we will ever know it’s true origin BUT it is the perfect description of what I think “Jesus” would look like … and if I’m going to be the “face” of Jesus to the world shouldn’t it be mine?
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
News that Points to Positive Economic News:
- Spending Up, Layoff Worries Down: “In general, I feel like we’re going in the right direction. That makes me comfortable in my purchase.” (Yahoo! News-The Associated Press)
- Economists Expecting Retail Sales Boost: “When you combine improving economic fundamentals with a large amount of pent-up demand, that points to ongoing strength in retail sales.” (Bloomberg)
- Deals Abound At Fast-Food Restaurants: From free to cheaper prices, almost everyone is handing out deals right now. (USA TODAY)