- “Ideas won’t keep: something must be done about them” Alfred North Whitehead
- “What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?” Robert Schuller
- “The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you what” Ben Stein
What are you grateful for today? (Michelle) Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the devastating earthquake in Haiti and I’m sure like me … you saw the news reports and heard the stories of all the needs still not met in that country. I can’t imagine serving there, working or living there to me it seems like an impossible need that will never be met but that’s a whole different story. Anyway, my sister logged onto Facebook and posted yesterday that she was grateful for hot water from the tap a simple pleasure taken for granted. We have so many things to be thankful for everyday. I been wanting to do it for years but I think maybe this year is the year. I’m going to start a gratitude diary. Of course I had to “google” it to see what others have used for a technique. Here’s what I found:
What is a Gratitude Diary?
- Every day, write down 5 things you are grateful for. It can be anything – feeling the sunshine on your face, happy that a friend phoned, receiving a present, being able to take a walk, anything. Work out a time to do this. Ideally, around the same time every day works best.
- Make a commitment to yourself that you will write down 5 things every day – this is very important.
- The 5 things MUST be DIFFERENT each time. Never repeat anything. NEVER REPEAT ANYTHING!
- Smile as you write them down. This will help you to feel grateful.
- You can write a lot about each thing, get really detailed, write why you are grateful for it. Or if you don’t have time, just write one line.
What Will Happen ?
- The first day you’ll be thinking hard about what you’re grateful for. You will find them, though.
- The second day, knowing you must find 5 new things to write down, you’ll start to look for things to be grateful for.
- You’ll begin to expect things to happen to be grateful for.
- You’ll start to recognize when things happen to be grateful for.
- You start to feel grateful at the time the event takes place.
98% Will Get A Raise This Year: The most obvious sign of the economic recovery may be in your paycheck. As companies return to profitability, many plan to award employees with better raises in 2011 after years of stagnant wages, according to two recent reports. Although it won’t be a fat one. Experts say if most likely will be between 1.5 and 3 per cent. (CNN/Money)
A Deacon’s Question: The story is told of a young girl who accepted Christ as her Savior and applied for membership in a local church. “Were you a sinner before you received the Lord Jesus into your Life?” inquired an old deacon.
“Yes, sir,” she replied. “Well, are you still a sinner?” “To tell you the truth, I feel I’m a greater sinner than ever.” “Then what real change have you experienced?” “I don’t quite know how to explain it,” she said, “except I used to be a sinner running after sin, but now that I am saved. I’m a sinner running from sin!” she was received into the fellowship of the church, and she proved by her consistent life that she was truly converted. (Daily Bread)