- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sometimes we can personalize a passage of scripture by placing our own name in it. Some passages lend themselves to becoming personal prayers as we make ourselves the recipients of God’s Word. Try the practice, Personalizing scripture.
“For God loved me (Al, Michelle, you & the world) so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that if Al, Michelle & everyone believe in him, we will not perish but have eternal life.” ~ John 3:16 NKJ
The Basic Steps in the Debt Snowball debt reduction plan are as follows:
- List all debts from smallest balance to largest. Note, there are people (including me) that advocates paying highest interest rate debt first, but that’s not the Debt Snowball method.
- Pay the minimum payment on every debt, except the smallest debt.
- Pay as much as you can towards that smallest debt until it is paid off.
- Once the smallest debt is paid in full, repeat the process by paying as much as you can toward the second smallest debt.
The idea is that you’ll be able to pay more toward the “smallest” debt each time a debt is fully paid off. (Dave Ramsey)
Box Office Report: What Movie came in at #1 This week, The Green Hornet, True Grit, or The Dilemma? The answer is the Green Hornet, however, watch out for the language. Get the Box Office Report or Go to (Plugged In) or listen to this review from Plugged In.
Eating Different: Like many of you, Michelle and I are on an eating plan. Even though we have lost weight, it’s not easy there are so many temptations that try to get you to eat something sweet. And then there are those foods to trust but you find out that they may not be the best for you. Here are 13 Foods That Disguise Themselves As Healthy. Although these foods may be low in fat and calories, many have unhealthy amounts of starch or artificial sweeteners. (Go to this link The Huffington Post for the slide show)