- “God gave you your gift for Him not for you.” – Unknown
- “Salvation isn’t just for the grave it’s for today.” – Unknown
- “Don’t cry because it’s over – smile because it happened.” – Unknown
Be Safe: Travel Safety Tips – After going on the road for the first time by myself I thought a great review of travel safety would be a good thing. Me and one of my travel companions had to walk to the 3 level of the parking garage as we discussed how parking garages are in every scary movie we stuck together and made sure we made it to our cars okay. Her’s a few tips I found on ezinearticles.com.
- Carry important papers with you; NEVER check anything that you cannot afford to lose.
- Photocopy your passport, driver’s license & credit cards.
- Bring a small flashlight & keep it near.
- Make sure that your prescription medicines are filled & labeled accurately.
- Leave your jewelry at home.
- If possible travel with only one or two credit cards.
- Only stay in a hotel that: uses cards to open room doors, make sure it has a peephole and a deadbolt lock.
- Secure the chain & secure the door by pushing a rubber stop under it.
- Stay in a room near a stairwell.
- Always stay in a hotel where the doors enter the hallway and not directly from the outside.
- Do not wear name tags in public.
- Do not use unmarked taxi cabs.
- Back into your parking spaces to facilitate a quick exit.
- Park only in well lit and well traveled areas.
- If traveling with children, bring along an updated photograph of each child.
- Do not discuss travel plans, room number or personal information in public.
- Bring along a basic first aid kit.
- Distractions because of luggage, children, hotel personnel, strangers, etc. can put you at risk. Know your surroundings and stay in control of every situation.
Box Office Report: Is there anything new in the theaters that’s Family Friendly? What’s New This Week? Go to (Plugged In) or listen to this review from Plugged In. You can also find out what is Family Friendly and fit to see!
# BABYPALOOZA – Texas Sized Baby Shower, an opportunity for the community to participate by purchasing needed baby items and placing them in collection boxes around the area. It’s from January 17th thru February 13th, 2011 at the Pregnancy Help Center. Call (936)632.9292 or visit Pregnancy Center
# FAMILY: A Glow-in-the-Dark Dinosaur Adventure Saturday, January 22, 2:30 p.m. at the Angelina Arts Alliance Temple Theater, 3500 South 1st Street, Lufkin. Tickets $5 kids $10 adults – Please call Kristie Bailey (936) 633-5234, visit Angelina Arts or click here to email for more information.
# God Hears, Prayer Works: A Call to Prayer as the Prayer Intercessors meet at KSWP/KAVX Radio Ministry/ Calvary Chapel for prayer needs. Weekdays from Noon til 1 p.m. and Sunday afternoons at 2:00 p.m. at 151 Holmes Rd., Lufkin. If you have a prayer need or a need to pray call (936)639-5673 or visit the Prayer Works because God Hears Website.