Get this picture in your mind of your present problems. You are in a battle fighting an enemy from one foxhole to another. The believer who walks in faith with God can actually see his problems work for him and fight with him in this life producing an eternal reward in heaven. Whether you are in adversity or not, you cannot lose with God’s plan!
Back To School Shopping… Be a smart shopper
- Check your closet: Many times you head to the store without sizes or a list of items you must have. My daughter has been out of school for 2 years and I am still finding un-opened subject dividers and highlighters.
- Check online: Many companies are offering penny sales and coupons do your research – you may have to go to more than one store but if the budget is tight it may be worth it.
- Avoid use your credit card if possible: Anything you may save will be eaten by interest charges unless you can reap the rewards from a points card and pay the balance at the end of the month. Some retailers still offer interest free lay-away.
- Separate wants from needs: Even elementary aged children can learn the value of a hard-earned dollar – it’s okay to face reality with your children and only get what you “need”. You are not a failure as a parent if your kid doesn’t have every luxury.
- Try Gently Used: There are several different consignment shops and resale shops where uniforms and other clothing items are worth a look.
- Shop at the right time: Combine coupons and the tax-free holiday or other door-buster sales together for maximum savings.