Ways to make Monday’s AWESOME If you have the Monday Blues most weeks, then this is not something you should laugh off or just live with. It’s a significant sign that you are unhappy at work and you need to fix it or move on and find another job. Take time to identify the problem and clarifying what is bothering you then try to be active in finding solutions.
- Prepare for Monday on Friday. Leave yourself as few dreadful tasks as possible on Friday afternoon. If you do have any unpleasant tasks awaiting your attention Monday morning, get them done as early as possible so that you don’t spend the rest of the day procrastinating or “feeling as if there’s a black cloud hanging over your
- Make a list of the things you’re excited about. Sunday evening, list of three things you look forward to at work that week. If you can’t think of three things you look forward to, that might be an indication that you need to make some changes.”
- Get enough sleep and wake up early. Go to bed a little early on Sunday night waking up an extra 15 to 30 minutes early on Monday morning. Have a little “me” time.
- Dress for success. Dress up use Monday as the day to wear your favorite new outfit.
- Be positive. Take time to recognize and appreciate the things that you enjoy about work.
- Make someone else happy. Vow to do something nice for someone as soon as you get to work
- Keep your Monday schedule light. Keep your Monday schedule as clear as possible. This will help you to come into Monday with more ease
- Have a post-work plan. Your day shouldn’t just be about trudging through to get it over with, but about looking forward to something. Make Monday a special day where you get to do something you enjoy at the end. Forbes.com