For over 25 years, See You at the Pole has been about one simple act—prayer. SYATP is still about students uniting themselves in prayer before God interceding for their generation.
There are two opportunities to unite in prayer with your friends:
- DAY: SEE YOU AT THE POLE day is on Wednesday, September 26, at 7:00 a.m. local time. All around the globe, in every time zone, students will be gathering at their flagpoles, praying for their school, friends, families, churches, and communities. SEE YOU AT THE POLE is a day committed to global unity in Christ and prayer for your generation.
- WEEK: The GLOBAL WEEK OF STUDENT PRAYER (Sunday, September 23 through Saturday, September 29) encourages students to find new and unique ways, places, and times to pray throughout the week. Whether you attend PUBLIC SCHOOL, PRIVATE SCHOOL, or HOME SCHOOL, gather your friends wherever and whenever and pray! The GLOBAL WEEK OF STUDENT PRAYER is dedicated to prayer and launching your on-campus Bible clubs, prayer strategies, and student ministries.
Prepare for Your See You at the Pole Gathering
You can freely gather for prayer before school, but it’s best to let your school administration know about See You at the Pole™.
See You at the Pole™ is a student-led event. That means you! Strong student leadership is crucial to the success of your event. Your youth pastor can support you, your parents can pray for you, but you need to take charge and take part in See You at the Pole™.
Use the questions below to help you plan See You at the Pole™ at your school. Make sure someone is covering every area of planning and leadership.
Download an Adobe PDF version of the complete Checklist.
- Have you informed your principal about See You at the Pole™?
- What time will you begin on your campus—the publicized time of 7 a.m. or another time?
- Where will you gather on your campus? Flagpole or another place?
- Do you have an alternative meeting place in case of weather issues?
- Do you have more than one flagpole to choose from?
- Have you informed the FCA and/or other Christian organizations on your campus?
- How can you encourage other students to promote See You at the Pole™?