January 2019, Kindness Month, is just around the corner. Why wait… Start Practicing today…
How great is it that our random acts of kindness and good deeds can make someone else’s entire day?
Here are 103 random acts of kindness and good deeds that can help you carry out kindness daily and become an everyday hero.
Some of these are new ideas that I haven’t seen online before. Others aren’t as original, but a reminder certainly never hurts.
Here’s what inspired this post. . . I know an awesome teenager who was battling cancer. She was hoping to meet Taylor Swift by getting Facebook likes. (By the way, she got a great care package from Taylor Swift, and she is doing well. I don’t link to her page, because it’s no longer active). After liking her Facebook page, I felt so happy that I wanted to find more easy ways to help others and to feel great.
Here are the random acts of kindness that I came up with . . .
- Create a holiday to celebrate someone you love. I have “Mia Appreciation Day” for my wife. Your appreciation day can be as simple as declaring the date of the holiday and writing a note of thanks each year to read out loud on that day.
- You can also invent your own fun or crazy family holiday.
- Put 50–100 paper hearts or smiley faces in a box. On each cutout write something that is special about your lover or a good friend. Give her the box and tell her to pull out a heart or smiley face anytime she gets lonely or wants a pick me up.
- Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
- Share overheard compliments.
- The rest a very good, long list of great ideas here.