Tornado 🌪 warning yesterday there was a tornado warning, it’s been a long time since that’s occurred. When the alarm went off on the phone… We paid attention about the storm warning.
Do you have a safe place to Go? … From a major storm or tornado?
Call 800-944-8443 … or do a Shout-out from the app on your phone.
We stopped what we were doing, gathered the kids, and discussed what to do if the Tornado came to close. Interesting enough, Michelle said one room to hide in and I said another.
From Ready.Gov, the following … When you have Tornadoes 🌪
Tornadoes can destroy buildings, flip cars, and create deadly flying debris. Tornadoes are violently rotating columns of air that extend from a thunderstorm to the ground. Tornadoes can:
- Happen anytime and anywhere;
- Bring intense winds, over 200 MPH; and
- Look like funnels.
IF YOU ARE UNDER A TORNADO WARNING, FIND SAFE SHELTER RIGHT AWAY
- If you can safely get to a sturdy building, then do so immediately.
- Go to a safe room, basement, or storm cellar.
- If you are in a building with no basement, then get to a small interior room on the lowest level.
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls.
- Do not get under an overpass or bridge. You’re safer in a low, flat location.
- Watch out for flying debris that can cause injury or death.
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck.
HOW TO STAY SAFE WHEN A TORNADO THREATENS
For More Go Here for Ready.gov.
KTRE TV East Texas Reported –
Strong Thunderstorms have knocked out power to thousands of people across East Texas Sunday.
- Oncor is reporting nearly 4,000 people are without power in the Lufkin and Nacogdoches areas as of 4:20 p.m.
- Oncor is also reporting more than 2,000 people are without power in the Jacksonville area at this time.
- SWEPCO is reporting more than 100 people are without power in Kilgore following an outage caused by a lightning strike.
- The Houston County Electric Cooperative is reporting more than 1,200 people are without power in Trinity County.