4th of July Fireworks shows will be popping off at several locations in East Texas.
Nacogdoches – Freedom Fest 2019, 4th of July Extravaganza, 5 PM in Festival Park, Nacogdoches, Tx.
Lufkin – 14th Annual July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza will light up Ellen Trout Zoo. Children games, Food, vendors and live Music starts at 3:00 in front of the lake. The fireworks show will start at 9:15 p.m.
* Lufkin High school will be running free shuttle buses from the school to the zoo from 5:00-8:30.
* A traffic control program is lined out. The zoo opens at 9 a.m. and there’s going to be live music and a lot of food, train rides, face painting, slides and a 25 minute fireworks show.
* The loop will shutdown about 8:45 pm at Loop 287 and Hwy 59 North on one end, and at 69 North and Kurth Drive.
*** If you’re just traveling through or need to get from point A to point B in the Angelina County area, the best bet is just to take the southern route around Lufkin.
Tyler – Celebration at Lindsey Park: Tyler’s annual Fourth of July fireworks celebration at Lindsey Park, located at 12557 Spur 364 West, beginning at 4 p.m.
* The fireworks show will begin after dark (around 9:15 p.m.) * The park gate, located off of Spur 364, will officially open at 2 p.m. and admission is free.
*The Kids’ Zone and concessions will begin at 4 p.m. and continue until 10 p.m.
Longview – July Fireworks and Freedom Celebration at Maude Cobb Convention and Activity Complex hosted by City of Longview. Vendors, concessions, free outdoor concerts by Dagnabbit, Uncle Kracker, carnival rides, Patriotic Pup fashion show and more.
* Festivities began at 11:00 a.m.,
*Fireworks at dark (Approx. 9pm) Festival admission, parking and the fireworks show are free to the public; however, prices vary for individual activities. No BYOB or outside coolers allowed.
Kilgore – Fourth of July Extravaganza will feature food vendors, water slides, kids activities and live music by the Chad Cooke Band in Kilgore City Park from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Rusk County – Rusk County Old Shiloh Cemetery Annual July 4th Picnic on Texas Highway 315, about 7 miles northeast of Mt. Enterprise.
*Since the first interment in 1853, families and friends have gathered to enjoy shared picnic lunches at one of the oldest cemeteries in the region.
*Picnic is at noon at the Old Shiloh Baptist Church.
Talco – Thursday, July 4 – Annual Talco Independence Day Fireworks Show at Talco Community Park.
* Free hot dogs, water and other refreshments will be available beginning around 7:00 p.m.
* Ceremonies will start around 9:00 p.m. and the fireworks show begins at dark.
*Activities and all parking are free of charge on a first come, first served basis.
Lake Palestine area – Bella Vista Event Center on Lake Palestine: Fireworks display starting at 9 pm. The Pictures Band starts after the fireworks until midnight.
* This event benefits the Humane Society’s Pets Fur People and Big Dog Rescue Project.
* Live music, Bring your chairs, blankets and floats for a party on the beach. Kids events including bounce houses, water slides, lawn games, swimming and a best decorated float contest.
*This is a Ticketed event.
Overton – Fireworks in the park hosted by the City of Overton.
* Festivities begin at 3:00 with fireworks at dark.
* Food, inflatables, vendors, and activities for children. * Parking is available at the Community Center parking lot.