Reduce Your Power Usage Friday (8/16/19) High temperatures on Today, Friday Aug. 16, may increase electricity demand in Texas to near record levels.
By lowering your usage from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., you can potentially reduce your overall energy costs and help reduce stress on the grid.
Here’s how to quickly reduce usage in the home:
- Central Air & Electric Heating – Adjust thermostat by three degrees.
- Lower shades or draw curtains over windows to keep cool.
- Electric Water Heater – Turn off water heater and avoid activities that may require hot water like showers, washing clothes or dishes.
- Refrigerator – Keep refrigerator closed.
- Pool pumps – Turn off & avoid use.
- Electric Clothes Dryer and Washer – Turn off and avoid use.
- Lighting – Turn off except where needed.