Ryan Wilusz, Knoxville News Sentinel
The boy who made national headlines after being bullied by schoolmates over his clothing choice on “College Colors Day” — an orange shirt with an attached piece of paper featuring his hand-drawn UT design. He’s getting more…
- The University of Tennessee is offering admission to a boy bullied for his homemade UT shirt design.
- He would be a member of UT’s Class of 2032.
- The university will cover his tuition and fees.
- The boy made national headlines after his teacher shared a post about him being bullied.
- His design has been made into an actual T-shirt, which has 50,000 pre-orders.
A fourth-grade Florida boy bullied over his homemade shirt supporting the University of Tennessee could become a Vol, himself, after the university announced Thursday that it is offering him admission and a four-year scholarship.
“University officials have spoken several times with the boy’s mother, who has expressed gratitude to the university and said the family has been deeply touched by the overwhelming outpouring from people around the world,” read a UT news release.
There’s more on this incredible story, go here.