Where is your money going?
“Riches certainly make themselves wings; They fly away like an eagle…” Proverbs 23:54
Step 1 – As best you can … estimate how much you are spending on a “monthly basis” in each area of your life.
Step 2. – Prayerfully Review the list. Are there items you might eliminate? Don’t need, can’t afford, could decrease or eliminate, or could postpone.
Step 3. Take action. If you would like to see national budget averages, go to crown.org.
We got most of these ideas from several sources. MaximizeGenerousity.org, GenerousLife.info, and Crown.org. These and many of the other sources the Good Friends Morning show are providing you really work. We encourage you to talk to God about these and other suggestions we have provided and will continue to provide as we all walk through these economic times. (Al & Michelle)
Day 9 – Date Night Ideas Not Just For Valentine’s (thenest.com)
- Call in Sick (ask for a day off in advance): Never underestimate the power of spending an entire day alone with your significant other. Don’t clean the house or go to the grocery store! Instead, park yourselves in the living room and hibernate in your pj’s. The rules: You’re not allowed to leave the house. Order takeout, watch movies, and get busy.
- Start a Tradition: Devise a unique menu or destination that you’ll make or go together every year on Valentine’s Day. Start the tradition now and you’ll never have to worry about making last-minute plans in the future.
- Send an Office Surprise: Add a little mystery to the romance. Catch your significant other off guard with a treat at work. Be creative: Send a pizza at lunchtime or have coffee and treats delivered in the afternoon. You’ll get kudos from everyone in the office, especially from your mate.
Ways to Alleviate Your Allergy Symptoms : Short of living in a bubble, there are no cures for allergies but you can make life more bearable. (Fox News)
Do-It-Yourself: Valentine’s Day cards: Kid friendly, easy and inexpensive (Yahoo Shine)
What Happened at the Movies?
Michael Sarver from Jasper, TX and Kendall Beard from Austin, TX. What a nail biter… We knew about Kendall early in the show. But they waited until the last minutes of A.I. to give us the verdict for Jeromy Michael Sarver. BTW, Kendall graduated from Lufkin ISD, less than an hour from Jasper, TX. She later graduated from the U of Texas in Austin, where she now lives.
One of my friends commented … If only we could have figured out they were the last two … and there was only two position left to round out the 36.
Nevertheless, YAHOO! The Texans made it through on American Idol last night! American Idol Top 36 Revealed! Go here for the complete list. (American Idol News)
- Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction. THOMAS JEFFERSON
- Have courage for the great sorrows of life and have patience for the small ones. Go to sleep in peace. God is awake. VICTOR HUGO
- A wise man will make haste to forgive, because he knows the true value of time. SAMUEL JOHNSON
Consider God’s compassion and patience toward you. Chances are, it extends far beyond what you choose to give yourself. Be kind to yourself today. That doesn’t mean fall off of the deep end and forget about holiness and godliness, but give yourself a break. Let God be the one who draws you toward where He wants you, rather than your own condemnation or worry.
For the Lord will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants. Psalm 135:14
Day 8 Date Ideas: Connecting with your Spouse (About.com)
- Root for the home team at a sporting event of your choice. Indulge in hot dogs, peanuts, and Cracker Jack.
- Volunteer for a worthy cause together. You’ll spend time with each other, but you’ll also make a difference and help others.
- Look at the homes and properties for sale in your area. You may find a bargain or you’ll just dream out loud about your future together.
- Have a tournament – Battleship, Monopoly, cards, Playstation, etc. The winner has to take the loser out to dinner for another date night.
- Go out for a romantic breakfast instead of dinner.
- Watch the sun rise or set from a beautiful location.
Valentine’s Day turns the gardener’s thoughts to roses: Time to prune (Daily Sentinal)
Angelina College to raise tuition: Increases in tuition, parking fees, lab & building usage fees (Lufkin Daily News)
Goodwill pulling certain items toys from shelves: A new law that takes effect is aimed at protecting children from exposure to lead and other potential safety hazards. (Lufkin Daily News)
‘Fireproof’ Still Making An Impact: “Thanks to [supporters], the little movie from a church in Georgia that was No. 4 at the box office on its opening weekend last September, came in at No. 2 in DVD sales in its first week out. It also was the fourth-most rented DVD in the country.” (The Christian Post)
Back To Basics: Journey To Financial Freedom – Positive Cash Flow … A positive cash flow margin is absolutely essential if you are to accomplish either … Continue reading
Congrats Local American Idol Hopefuls
We just found out that Kendall Beard of Lufkin, Texas moves on to the next part of the competion, which looks to be an intense sit-down with the judges.
And Jeromy Michael Sarver of Jasper, Texas also moved to tonight’s intense session with the judges. It’s rumored that contestants will be ask to sing a solo before the final decision.