As your kids head to their school, we prepare them with proper school supplies, a nice backpack, and a lunchbox to hold a nutritious meal. But are we preparing our kids spiritually for the kinds of things they may face at school? Throughout the year, consider praying for the following. – By Arabah Joy
10 Important Back To School Prayers
1. That they would be a light in the darkness at school
You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14 (ESV)
Here are 10 simple tips to guide your strategic planning for the coming year.
By David Finkel Co-author, Seven Proven Principles to Grow Your Business and Get Your Life Back’ @DavidFinkel Credit: Getty Images
Strategic planning is essentially making the tough decisions on where to invest your business’s resources … Here are ten tips to do it better.
What is your single biggest “limiting factor” inside your business? In other words, what one limitation is currently doing the most to limit the growth and success …What are 10 potential ways to push back or make your limiting factors less limiting for your business?
Now Go back through your list of 10 “solutions” … Go through your list of 10 “solutions” and note each solution that is a “home run”.
- Determine your “sweet spots”. More from David Finkel Going back to your above list of 10 solutions to each of your limiting factors, circle the solutions that are both a low hanging fruit and a home run. These are your “sweet spots”.
- Clarify the business you are trying to build. Too many business owners never stop and clarify in writing …
- Work backwards from your target.
- If you’re not sure how to best reach your subgoals, brainstorm a long list of at least 10 potential ideas. Use the “sweet spot” technique … For the balance of the 10 solutions, great idea and resources go here.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how we react to it.
We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.” – Chuck Swindoll