When one door closes, another opens; But we often look so long and so regretfully upon the close door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
God says, “I will give him the key to the house of David – the highest position in the royal court. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.” – Isaiah 22:22
I have always thought of myself as a giving person but do I really trust God to provide? After reading this devotion I did a heart check and realized I almost always wait to give till I can give off the top. I almost never give when I need the item or money I have. Hmmmm? Take a look around you – everything you have, be Continue reading
Do well even in hard times: Money Advice from an Expert (Parents.com)
Yesterday was Barbie’s 50th Birthday: Happy Birthday Barbie! (Forbes.com)
AI is back tonight with the Top 13: East Texans pulling for Michael Sarver (Jasper Newsboy)
Need to slim down fast, here are 5 tips from Women’s Health and Fitness magazine.
- Make sure one of your meals each day is raw vegetables.
- Don’t drink anything c arbonated – it can bloat you
- Drink a ton of water – then drink some more. It’ll help keep you full and prevent you from retaining water.
- Minimize carbs – no potatoes, rice or pasta
- Walk for 20 minutes twice a day
Between the exercise, the vegetables and the water You’ll lose the weight in no time!
Happy Birthday General Manger, Dwyan Calvert! Other events that have happened on this day:
- On this day in 1964, Prince Edward, the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth, was born.
- Today is National Healthy Office Day
- Alexander Graham Bell made the first telephone call on this date in 1896.
- Actor Chuck Norris, TV’s “Walker, Texas Ranger,” is 69 today
The Salvation Army was created on this day in 1880.
- On this date in 1775 a company hired Daniel Boone to cut a road through the wilderness to the Kentucky River.