If what’s happening in the world is important to you, take a stand and let your voice be known. Go Vote!
Many Texas News services are reporting great numbers of people voting statewide. By 4:30 pm Monday, 42,241 ballots had been cast in Dallas County.
43 Million Americans Will Travel This Fourth of July Weekend
Low prices at the pumps are helping more people hit the roads.
Be sure to hit the roads early if you’re traveling for Fourth of July: A record number of Americans will be taking a weekend getaway to celebrate Independence Day.
One more thought before the NFL Super Bowl XLVII – 2013 fades into a fleeting memory.
The truth is, we all won on Super Bowl Sunday with a day full of a good ole American past time, regardless of the teams playing.
Football is well loved by women and men everywhere, whether it’s by sitting on cold bleachers during a school game or yelling at the television when their team does something memorable.
The two coaches are brothers in case you didn’t know it.
Brother against brother? Perhaps but they both have to go home and think about the other afterwards, and somewhere in that thought process these coaches will remember a time when they as little kids threw the ball back and forth between themselves.
So, maybe this is the day the motivation from Sunday has a few families tossing the old pig skin back and forth, or cheering on a family member during another life changing event; a birth, a move, a new job, a graduation. There are plenty of touchdowns waiting to happen.
- “Life is not measured by the # of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”
- “Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God no matter what the conflict.”
- “It is never too late in fiction or in life to revise!
Question of the Day: Mmmm, cookies… How do you eat your cookie? Please comment, like or share your answer… or call 800-944-8443.
Tips on how to eat Oreo Cookies: Al Ross style. I have to admit it I did not come by all of these by myself, my kids and friends have help with this find tune art of Eating an Oreo. Oh it works with Chocolate Chips too…
- Dip your Oreo in ice cold milk. This will soften the cookie outside so that when you bite a piece off, the whole thing will dissolve quickly in your mouth. Some people cannot resist the temptation to properly dunk an Oreo cookie. It even works well with Silk Milk.
- Twist it gently to open it, and hold the two pieces in your hands. Eat them in any manner that you would like.
- Lick the creamy insides with your tongue, one side at a time. Savor it as you eat, then crunch on the cookie itself.
- Lick or rake the creamy filling off with your teeth, allowing it to dissolve in your mouth. This will fill your mouth with a sweet, pleasant sensation.
- Pull off one of the cookies, lick out the filling, then put the cookies back together and eat them. You can do this with multiple cookies and make a tall stack out of it.
- Pull off both the top and bottom cookie. Eat them both, then eat the icing alone. This method works better with double stuffed Oreo’s.
- Eat it with ice cream. Nuf said…
- Smash the Oreo cookies up into crumbs or mini pieces. Make an Oreo pie. You can use Oreo crumbs as the crust. hmmmm
- Like my Grandson and Cookies Monster – crammed in and gobble gobble.
- Eat it normally… (Oreo Cookies WikiHow)
Hospice Extreme Makeover Continues
- The response has been awesome. yet, volunteers and funds still needed for Deep East Texas Association of Builders Extreme Makeover for Hospice.
- When: Demolition started Saturday, April 30 and continues until the ribbon cutting on May 13th
- Where -Hospice in the Pines, (former Community Medical Equipment) on Frank Street near Hill Street, Lufkin
- Contact: Brandy Terry, (936)875-3000 for more information.