We pray that Christ will work the best of His miracles in your life and make you more prosperous in the year ahead. Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy New Year.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, Ephesians 3:20
This is my 2020 declaration- I will honor God and His blessings will chase me down and overtake me. I will be in the right place at the right time. I am blessed and surrounded by God’s favor.
Words of Encouragement: Today will never come again. Be a Blessing, Be a Friend. Encourage Someone. Take Time to Care. Let Your Words Heal and not Wound.
Ways To Be a Blessing to Others
Many people like the idea of serving others, but never do because they don’t know where to start. To help you get started, here are some ideas for community service activities your whole family can get involved in. Helping others will teach your kids that by being compassionate and industrious, they can make a difference in the world.
- Make birthday or get-well cards for people in hospitals and convalescent homes—great for younger kids. Contact the organization for a list of names and birthdays.
- Volunteer at the Humane Society or local animal shelters—children love animals, so give them an opportunity to put their love into action! They can walk, play with, or feed the animals.
- Collect your children’s old stuffed animals and dolls, clean them up, and donate them to thepolice department, the Family Crisis Center or Harold’s House.
- Help cook and/or serve a meal at homeless shelter. Check with LOVE INC, Godtel, Salvation Army or CISC
- Make care kits with soap, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc. for the homeless or for military personnel.
- Volunteer to clean up trash at a community event, county fair, or alongside public roads.
- Work with Habitat for Humanity to help build homes for families who need them.
- Do yard work such as mowing lawns, raking leaves, shoveling snow, or planting flowers and trees for elderly or disabled people—check with your local senior citizens center or place of worship for a list of people in need.
- Visit a Nursing Home—your kids can play games with, read books to, or just talk with the elderly. Your youthful, cheerful kids will be sure to brighten their day, and your kids will learn a lot by talking with the elderly about the past.
- Make holiday celebration baskets (such as for the 4th of July) filled with festive goodies for nursing homes, neighbors or homeless shelters. Let your kids fill and decorate them.
- Collect school supplies or get involved with a local backpack/school supply drive for needy children—ideal for the summer before kids go back to school. Check with your local school for a list of needed supplies.
- Raise money by having a bake sale, garage sale, lemonade stand, or car wash and donate the money to charity.
- Knit or crochet blankets or scarves for homeless or women’s shelters—ideal for girls 10 and up, and also a great way for them to learn a new skill!
- Run or walk in a charity race—don’t forget to tell your kids what they are walking or running for.
God’s blessings to us are not meant to end with us. His desire is that they filter down to others. This principle applies in all areas of our lives, including finances. Did you know that our heavenly Father has plans for your money?
The Lord graciously supplies us with incomes so we can provide for our needs and even our desires. But He also wants us to use our money to achieve His plans. And one of His goals is that we share our resources with others. If we purpose in our hearts to participate in His plans, He commits to provide all we need to live and to give.
Sharing our blessings with others will never lead to deprivation. In fact, the Lord promises to increase the harvest of our righteousness and enrich us in everything in response to our generosity. We can never outgive God. A hoarded blessing is never enjoyed as richly as a shared one. Using your gift to meet someone else’s need glorifies God by demonstrating His grace at work in your life. Don’t let His generous provisions end with you. Pass them on and discover the joy of a never-ending cycle of blessings.