The “word of encouragement” is nothing less than the “message of salvation” (acts 13:26). The sequel is … Take, for example, the phrases “of which we are speaking” and “it has been testified somewhere …
- “Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can.”
Safe Travel: Please pray for our son and his friends as they travel to Galveston. It’s rainy and the roads are bad I know. Also for wise choices to be made while there.
Thank you:Thanks for all you do!! I am thankful for your service!
Forgiveness: You have probably heard the saying “forgive and forget.”
Forgiveness isn’t a feeling, it is something that you do by faith. Communicating your thoughts and feelings in a positive way can provide a means for understanding, healing and forgiveness.
“When you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” ~ Mark 11:25
Wanna hear something that is funny? Not! Clean Fuel Actually May Be Worse For Climate: A study done by the University of British Columbia showed that compressed natural gas could actually send out more emissions than regular gas. (Science Daily)
Facebook Question: What do you do when you are at home sick?
15 Things to do When You’re Sick at Home With A Sinus Infection or whatever…
- drink something
- see how long you can hold your breath
- see if you can beat that record of holding your breath
- send thousands of texts to your friends
- blame everything you do on your medicine and claim you have no memory of whatever you did whatsoever.
- draw (well, that wasn’t a good idea)
- become a caveman/cavewoman
- play chess with yourself or on your ipad
- fall asleep while playing a game of chess
- watch every episode of the law and order again
- type with your eyes closed
- go around the house acting clumsy and stupid and then lay down on the ground
- stand up and claim you were sleepwalking
- call a lab and ask for your rat back
It takes the same breath to speak words of encouragement as it does to speak criticism.
- “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” ~ unknown
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~ Maria Robinson (several people take credit for this one)
- The starting point of achievement is your first breath of new life.
New Life: Michelle and I are headed to Houston (Sugar Land) for the birth of our fourth Grand baby. His name Wyatt.
With new life comes the excitement of new beginnings, new smiles and new joys. Hope is also wrapped up in every diaper change, every whimper and every step. A hope for the day he graduates from High school and college.
Hope! Hope is such an awesome word. In the scriptures God reminds us, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do
not see.” Heb. 11:1!
Wyatt welcome to the world and the new life and hope of tomorrow!
- “Life is not measured by the # of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”
- “Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God no matter what the conflict.”
- “It is never too late in fiction or in life to revise!
Question of the Day: Mmmm, cookies… How do you eat your cookie? Please comment, like or share your answer… or call 800-944-8443.
Tips on how to eat Oreo Cookies: Al Ross style. I have to admit it I did not come by all of these by myself, my kids and friends have help with this find tune art of Eating an Oreo. Oh it works with Chocolate Chips too…
- Dip your Oreo in ice cold milk. This will soften the cookie outside so that when you bite a piece off, the whole thing will dissolve quickly in your mouth. Some people cannot resist the temptation to properly dunk an Oreo cookie. It even works well with Silk Milk.
- Twist it gently to open it, and hold the two pieces in your hands. Eat them in any manner that you would like.
- Lick the creamy insides with your tongue, one side at a time. Savor it as you eat, then crunch on the cookie itself.
- Lick or rake the creamy filling off with your teeth, allowing it to dissolve in your mouth. This will fill your mouth with a sweet, pleasant sensation.
- Pull off one of the cookies, lick out the filling, then put the cookies back together and eat them. You can do this with multiple cookies and make a tall stack out of it.
- Pull off both the top and bottom cookie. Eat them both, then eat the icing alone. This method works better with double stuffed Oreo’s.
- Eat it with ice cream. Nuf said…
- Smash the Oreo cookies up into crumbs or mini pieces. Make an Oreo pie. You can use Oreo crumbs as the crust. hmmmm
- Like my Grandson and Cookies Monster – crammed in and gobble gobble.
- Eat it normally… (Oreo Cookies WikiHow)
Hospice Extreme Makeover Continues
- The response has been awesome. yet, volunteers and funds still needed for Deep East Texas Association of Builders Extreme Makeover for Hospice.
- When: Demolition started Saturday, April 30 and continues until the ribbon cutting on May 13th
- Where -Hospice in the Pines, (former Community Medical Equipment) on Frank Street near Hill Street, Lufkin
- Contact: Brandy Terry, (936)875-3000 for more information.