I thank You for the Grace of being alive this morning;
I thank You for the sleep that has refreshed me;
I thank you for the chance to Make a New Beginning.
Running from God? Been there, bought the t/shirt!
“Jonah went 2500 miles out the way running from God. Talk about a wrong turn! The good news? God gives a second chance to turn around.” ~ Kurt Wallace
You would think a life-threatening sea storm and a few days in a fish’s belly would shake some sense into a person. Yet that wasn’t the case with Jonah. The final paragraphs of his story reveal a vengeful prophet who obeyed the Lord but allowed his heart to remain on the run.
Jonah paid a big price for running from God. Perhaps you have a habit, a plan, or a current course and you know it defies God’s will. Have you considered the cost?
There are consequences for wrongdoing. The Lord is holy and righteous, and allowing people to get away with sin is simply incompatible God’s plan for you. What’s more, the price for following your own will is high.
(Excerpt from InTouch heard daily at 9:06am and 8:06pm on 91.9 KAVX.)
Sharing Hope: Dear Lord, I thank you for the Grace of being alive this morning; I thank You, for the sleep has refreshed me; I thank You for the Chance to make a New Beginning.
- “Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can.”
Safe Travel: Please pray for our son and his friends as they travel to Galveston. It’s rainy and the roads are bad I know. Also for wise choices to be made while there.
Thank you:Thanks for all you do!! I am thankful for your service!
Forgiveness: You have probably heard the saying “forgive and forget.”
Forgiveness isn’t a feeling, it is something that you do by faith. Communicating your thoughts and feelings in a positive way can provide a means for understanding, healing and forgiveness.
“When you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” ~ Mark 11:25
Wanna hear something that is funny? Not! Clean Fuel Actually May Be Worse For Climate: A study done by the University of British Columbia showed that compressed natural gas could actually send out more emissions than regular gas. (Science Daily)
Facebook Question: What do you do when you are at home sick?
15 Things to do When You’re Sick at Home With A Sinus Infection or whatever…
- drink something
- see how long you can hold your breath
- see if you can beat that record of holding your breath
- send thousands of texts to your friends
- blame everything you do on your medicine and claim you have no memory of whatever you did whatsoever.
- draw (well, that wasn’t a good idea)
- become a caveman/cavewoman
- play chess with yourself or on your ipad
- fall asleep while playing a game of chess
- watch every episode of the law and order again
- type with your eyes closed
- go around the house acting clumsy and stupid and then lay down on the ground
- stand up and claim you were sleepwalking
- call a lab and ask for your rat back