People make strange decisions when they are stressed.
What is the “Strangest Decision” you have ever made when you were stressed?
Here’s a few of those decisions, They really happened the weekend of the Hurricane:
- One man was tying himself to a telephone pole to weather the storm.
- Another was kite surfing in the huge waves.
- Another man, donned what appears to be a snorkeling mask, said that “he’s going ride out Hurricane Irma in a store front on Duval Street and won’t evacuate.
Tuesday Morning Thoughts: Don’t Base your Decisions on the Advise of those who Don’t have to Deal with the Resuls.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Ever been Pulled In More Than One Direction
It would be a dream come true if every time we went to make a decision a hand from heaven came down to point us in the right direction. God does help lead the way but when it comes to decision making He guides us through His word.
We can write out the pros and cons. We can try to weigh out every option in our minds. We can talk about our situation to death. However we all have to come to a time of trusting and believing in God to lead us in the right decision. When we put all our trust in Him, He gives us the direction we need to move in. His faithfulness will come through for us as we press forward in faith in spite of the odds stacked against us.
Read more here…
You are not the product of your circumstances; you are the product of your decisions.
Decisions determine destiny
What you decide today will determine what happens later today, tomorrow, and in the future.
- “Every life is a story make yours a best seller.”
- Realize you are responsible for your life. The decisions, the choices you make are yours.
- Learn from your mistakes, but focus on your future, not on your past.
Weddings (whether Royal or otherwise) are in the news. Here are some marriage tips that Michelle and I believe will make a difference in your marriage.
- If you have a conflict, resolve it as quick as you can the day the problem occurs.
- The closer you and your spouse are to God, the closer you will be to each other.
- Establish a weekly date night dedicated to going out together.
- What other marriage tips would you offer? Comment, share or like below…
Good Friends Question of the Day: What advice would you give to newly or soon to be newly weds? Comment, share or like below… or call 800-944-8443.
East Texas Community Events:
- Hospice Extreme Makeover WHAT: Volunteers and funds needed for Deep East Texas Association of Builders Extreme Makeover for Hospice
WHEN: Demolition begins Saturday, April 30 with ribbon cutting on May 13th
WHERE: Hospice in the Pines, 116 S. Raguet, Lufkin
Please call Brandy Terry, (936)875-3000 for more information.
- Dr. Bill Shelton’s Totally Awesome Fishing Adventure WHAT: Dr. Bill Shelton’s Totally Awesome Fising Adventure Fundraiser for indigent cancer patients
WHEN: Saturday, April 30, 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.WHERE: Cassels-Boykin Park on Sam RayburnPlease call Lindsey Mott, (936)639-7613 for more information.
Someone sent me this video. It’s awesome…amazing, what God does when no one is watching…well I guess someone was…God still creates art. WOW!