“If you rearrange the letters in Depression, You’ll Get ‘I pressed on.’ Meaning your current Situation is NOT your final Destination!
With depression on the rise and the suicide of famous successful people in the news … These are some great ways to stay connected and encourage yourself…
Be Good To Your Body
We all have those days that we don’t want to work out even though we know we should. When you need a little motivation, look no further. Here are some good reasons you shouldn’t skip your workout today.
Because it makes you feel confident
- Because it helps you get stronger
- Because exercise helps combat depression
- Because you want to move forward, not backward
- Because it improves your heart health
- Because it prevents diabetes
- Because you want to be a good example to your kids
- Because you want to feel good in your clothes
- Because it reduces back pain
- Because it strengthens your bones
- Because it helps you lose weight
- Because it helps you de-stress
- Because it’s cheaper than therapy
- Because you are capable of more than you ever imagined
- Because it keeps your mind sharp
- Because it helps you sleep better at night
- Because it gives you energy
- Because you want to stay healthy as you age
- Because it boosts your immune system
- Because it reduces your health care costs
- Because it’ll give your skin a glow
- Because it reduces your blood pressure
- Because you’re tired of being tired
- Because you’re not a quitter
- Because it improves your cholesterol
- Because it boosts your metabolism
- Because you want to be stronger than your excuses
Light of the World
If you’ve ever have entered a room that is pitch dark, you find it it is really dark.
Howeve, light the smallest candle in the largest room and anyone in theroom no matter how far away can see the light.
The same is true when the darkness covers the earth, light will shine on you. Where light is, there’s no darkness. When it’s GOD’S light there really is no darkness.
Disease, poverty, addiction, and depression are all of darkness. God says I Am going to shine light on you…a heavenly Light. (Isaiah 60:1-6)
When will people see the Light of God on you, when the world grows darker. Let it grow darker, it will help The Light of God Shine Brighter!
What You Look For
What you see depends on what you look for..
Is your glass half-empty or half-full? How you answer this age-old question about positive thinking may reflect your outlook on life, your attitude toward yourself, and whether you’re optimistic or pessimistic — and it may even affect your health.
Positive thinking doesn’t mean that you keep your head in the sand and ignore life’s less pleasant situations. Positive thinking just means that you approach the unpleasantness in a more positive and productive way. You think the best is going to happen, not the worst.
Positive thinking often starts with self-talk. Self-talk is the endless stream of unspoken thoughts that run through your head every day. These automatic thoughts can be positive or negative.
Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
Increased life span
Lower rates of depression
Lower levels of distress
Greater resistance to the common cold
Better psychological and physical well-being
Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress