Approximately 1 in 5 crashes in Texas involves distracted driving. Why so many? Texting and Driving. A state law banned texting and driving happened in 2017. Is it working? You decide.
TxDOT Executive Director James Bass. “One life lost is one too many and distracted driving is completely preventable. Our message is no longer just a public safety – it is to remind drivers of the law that now forbids such activity.
56% of Americans Give Their Cars Names By Good News Network
Does your car have a name?
Do you talk to it regularly or even feel guilty driving another vehicle?
If so, you are not alone.
How about this for a Topic: If you could have a Wedding “I Do” Over” what would you do different? If anything?
Here is a blog where a Wedding Designer discussed some thoughts on a Wedding “I Do” Over.
An Aside: At the Pool…I overheard someone venting…”Sunscreen ruins my nail polish.”
Driving Tips: Is your foot connected to your wallet? if so here are some tips to help keep her wallet and gas tank full:
- Keep tires properly inflated.
- Use the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended grade of motor oil.
- Cut the number of miles; cut the number of trips to town make lists and combine trips i.e. groceries and summer activities.
- Eliminate quick starts, speeding, and rapid breaking.
- Clear the junk from the car trunk or bed of the truck.
The U.S. government has retooled its consumer site, Fuel Economy Website, with more tips for driving more effectively.
The website Drive Smarter Challenge allows consumers to plug in the type of car they drive and determines how six different changes in driving or maintenance can save them in cash.