Hallmark has announced it will play Christmas movies on Friday night ALL year long.
- “Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle resentment.”
- “Forgiveness is the way to true health and happiness.”
- “In order to see the good things in life, sometimes you have to endure the tough things.”
The Good Friends Question of the Day: How many times a day do you Facebook? Why do you keep going back? Please Like Comment & Share! – or call 1-800-944-8443!
Getaway Weekend: Like many of you, Michelle and I look for opportunities to get away. Like you we don’t do it enough. Get a way…defined as a time to remember what it was like when we fell in love.
You get to busy with life and kids and don’t take time to be with each other and check out from life. Get a way can be defined as a chance to do “whatever it was that you did when you were dating…talking for hours, looking into each other’s eyes, listening – I mean really listening and keep the spark in your marriage… spend time with each other with no interruptions… It a chance to “Change the routine… the mundane… the boring… and move it into extraordinary, sensational, and exciting…”
We did that this last weekend. Started with no real plan…discovered they had a jazz festival in the Natchitoches, La area, (Near Hodges Gardens) So we went North to Tyler to see the roses… (Left – Judy Garland [It has a bee in the yellow rose], Middle – MyPretty [couldn’t find the name], Right – Veteran’s Honor)
Cash In on Consignments: 5 Clothing Castaways that’ll Earn You $$$ – Keep an eye out for buried treasure while digging through your closet during your annual spring cleaning. If you have any of the following 5 pieces in your wardrobe and aren’t planning to make use of them this season, consider offering them up for consignment:
- Military-style jackets. Look for structured jackets in neutral colors like tan and olive green that feature details such as brass buttons or chains.
- Ruffled shirts. Look for button downs, camis or T-shirts that have ruffle detailing on the neck, chest or shoulders.
- Full skirts. Full, ladylike skirts with hems just below the knee (or ultra-long) are all the rage this season. Bonus if your skirt comes in a stylish print.
- Jeans. Jeans sell well all year long, especially brands like 7 For All Mankind, True Religion, Diesel or Lucky. Hot trends for this spring include high waists, wide legs and bell-bottoms.
- A Little Black Dress. Everyone needs a little black dress in their wardrobe arsenal. If the one you have that doesn’t fit or just isn’t your style, consign it and treat yourself to a new one with your profit.
- Ensure you’ll receive top dollar for your consignment cast-ways by making sure all clothing is clean, pressed and doesn’t have any rips, tears, or missing buttons.