Conceptual Image. Business man step on stair with red arrow shape going up
Here’s some ideas to help your kids grow spiritually this summer!
- Visit a mission site or take the kids to serve at a local rescue mission. (Use this as a teachable moment to talk about generosity and how Christians can be the answer to the tangible needs in our city)
- Plant flowers or build a garden in the backyard. (Use it as a teachable moment to talk about God’s creation and the way he planned our world)
- Set a summer reading plan. Make a chart and challenge your kids to read a certain number of books each week. Even better – read a book together. Make it like a Bible study without calling it a Bible study.
- Write a family memory verse in the kitchen. Google “Bible verse games” or “kids memory verses.” Reward each person who has memorized it by Friday night dinner.
- Donate old books or toys to less fortunate kids. Let your children choose where they want to donate the items. Get the kids involved in organizing and packing the books for delivery.
- Print out the words to some of your family’s favorite Christian songs. Most of the artists we play on our radio station have lyric videos on Youtube you can watch as a family and talk about the words in the songs.
- Ask each child to make a summer prayer list. Challenge your kids to pray BOLD prayers this summer. List friends & family you want to pray for too! At the end of the summer you’ll get to look back on every prayer that God answered. You’ll probably be surprised what you notice!
- Ask your kids to write a list of questions about God. Look up the answers together. (Use this as a teachable moment about generosity & faith)
This Saturday, March 23rd, from 10:00AM – 12:00PM, Say What (Students, Adults, and Youth Working Hard Against Tobacco) students and The Coalition will be hosting Color Out Tobacco: An Obstacle Challenge Course.
Participants will make their way through an obstacle course filled with fun challenges. Color will be flying from everywhere so that participants can help Color Out Tobacco!
Participants will receive a FREE t-shirt (white) that can be worn during the event, and prizes and free swag will also be awarded (while supplies last)!
Since 1988, The Coalition has focused on eliminating the use of harmful substances by affecting public policy, laws, attitudes and behaviors, all in an effort to foster healthy life-long choices for the local community.
For more information about this free event or how to register, contact The Coalition at 936-634-9308 or visit @TheCoalition936 on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
SATURDAY – RAIN OR SHINE! 10am-2pm@ Pitser Garrison Civic Center
Touch a Truck is a FREE event that provides a unique opportunity for children to explore vehicles of all types including public service, emergency, utility, construction, landscaping, transportation, delivery, and just plain cool – all in one place!
Children will be allowed to touch their favorite vehicles, get behind the wheel, and meet the people who help to build, protect, and serve our community. Games, activities and food trucks will also be part of the day’s entertainment. We have wristbands available for kids for $5 that includes face painting, bounce houses, petting zoo, pony rides and games!
What makes your life rich that has nothing to do with the money? Maybe we should rephrase the question “WHO” adds richness to your life? Tomorrow isn’t a promise so look around and show the ones you love how much they mean to you!