“Fridays are the hardest in some ways: you’re so close to freedom.“ – Lauren Oliver
This election means a lot. Here’s the perspective to consider. The Supreme Court with five (5) potential seats over the next eight (8) years is up for grabs. The next President and Legislature will determine the course of the nation for a long time. The make up and ideology of The United States Supreme Court is at stake.
“We fail far more often by being timid than we do by just going for it.” ~Unknown
“If you’re always afraid of your future, you don’t have a present!” ~Unknown
“Each day gives new life and a fresh start!” ~Unknown
You Have The Power: You’ve been given the power to overcome the circumstances and failures in your life. The question is, what are you doing with your power? I know you don’t feel like this applies to you, but this is not about feelings.
Here is what it’s about: The same power that raised Jesus from the dead resides in you (Ephesians 1:19-20). When you accepted Jesus as your Lord, you were adopted into God’s family; resurrection power was imparted to your spirit. It is now up to you to draw that power out. But getting to that point doesn’t happen overnight or without effort on your part. It will take a serious commitment in order to infuse your spirit with God’s Word to the point that you become a walking demonstration of Scripture. Constantly renew your mind.
“Therefore let us go on and get past the elementary stage in the teachings and doctrine of Christ (the Messiah), advancing steadily toward the completeness and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity. Let us not again be laying the foundation of repentance and abandonment of dead works (dead formalism) and of the faith [by which you turned] to God, with teachings about purifying, the laying on of hands, the resurrection from the dead, and eternal judgment and punishment. [These are all matters of which you should have been fully aware long, long ago.]” ~ Hebrews 6:1-2 (AMP):
Day 3 – Texas State Forest Festival (texasstateforestfestival.com)
- The Festival begins again tonight at 5pm & continues every night till Sunday. Schedule of Events
- There is the prayer wall at the KSWP/KAVX Booth
- There are competitions like the Hushpuppy Championships TOMORROW & the Diaper Derby TONIGHT
- There are activities like the Children’s Festival and Loblolly
- There is food like turkey legs and funnels cakes
Will You Pray?: The Election Is Coming (presidentalprayerteam)
Pray the Vote is a nationwide movement of prayer. It’s based on the belief that when God’s people cry out to Him in earnest and heartfelt prayer, He will bless our nation in ways we cannot foresee. Our prayers open a window for God to work across our land. We encourage you to make a commitment to pray for the elections between now and November 2. Your prayers will change the world. Sign-up and Join The Growing Members for Pray The Vote – 2010! F.Y.I…. If you are not registered to vote you have until Saturday, October 2nd to do register.
Spouse Tune-Up – Does your relationship with your spouse need a tune up? Here are 5 great tips to help: Couples can strengthen their bond by taking the time to regularly assess their relationship.
1. Know yourself and how you handle conflict. “If you’re an avoider, you should learn to share your feelings more. But if you’re the type, like me, who wants to solve it immediately, you need to ask yourself if it’s really that big of a deal.”
2. Validate the other person’s opinions and feelings.
3. Foster a culture of appreciation.
4. Complain without blaming.
5. Re-establish a friendship with your spouse. Make an appointment today for a regular date night.
Read More >>
What’s New At The Movies?
- Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,
- Legend of the Guardians:The Owls of Ga’Hoole 3D,
- You Again,
- Plus we have this week’s Plugged In Online reviews to find out what, if any, are family friendly. (Plugged In Online)