When You’ve Been Wronged, There are Three Steps to Healing!
Power Thought: Come and experience a safe place to find real freedom from life’s hurts, habits and hang ups!
Wedding Ring Found: I can see how God really works! My friends and I pray together in Christ name. Over and Over again, seen God work specifically in my life. From protecting my family to keeping my job from moving me to another place, to finding my lost ring. always know that God answer your prayers! What makes this experience is really exciting. Thank you God! I need your wisdom daily!
Found My Wedding Ring: I lost my wedding ring several days ago. My husband and I have looked everywhere, we can’t find it anywhere. God has this amazing since of humor. My grandson was playing in one of the bedrooms and he found my lost wedding ring. Thank you God. You are Amazing!!!
Healing for Daughter: I asked for prayer for my daughter and a knot that had come up on her. A lot of people prayed for her. She went to the doctor today for the biopsy and the doctor said that he didn’t need to do one! Praise the Lord! God is good and He answers our prayers , thank you Jesus for your healing!!!!! Thank you for praying!!!!
Remember when you grew up and moved out? Afterward, your mom would call you and tell you how quiet the house was. It wasn’t the same type of quiet as when you were away at a friends house, or at a camp. No, it was different. It was as if the spirit of the place changed. We all know about “presence.” Something was missing.
It’s like that prodigal son that moves away and spends all his money. He has to go hungry to understand the missing presence of his father. Remarkably, you too can get back to feeling the presence of your Heavenly Father if you’ve gone missing from Him. Psalm 63:1 describes the process:
“You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.” Psalm 63:1 (NIV)
If you need to feel Him, stop and realize your hunger. Stop and earnestly seek Him. Open a Bible. Sing a song. It may take 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days but you’ll get to the point where you’ll say “He’s my comfort, he’s my healin’ this I know.”
Back Pain – I am almost 70 and live alone and do not have a car and my back is giving me trouble. I need to be able to care for myself. Please pray The Lord Jesus heals my back and keeps it from slipping out of place. Thank you. God bless you!
God Works – I can see how God really works! My friends and I pray together in Christ name. Over and Over again, I’ve seen God work specifically in my life. From protecting my family to keeping my job from moving me to another place, to finding my lost ring. always know that God answer your prayers! What makes this experience is really exciting. Thank you God! I need your wisdom daily!
Fun, Unusual, Almost Forgotten:
Something to Learn – I find it fascinating when the Apple Watch was introduced, a news reporter asked Apple President, Tim Cook, about product details. Tim Cook kept responding by focusing on the consumer and the value of the product for the user. Throughout the interview Mr Cook never lost his focus… or his message. Something to be learned?
- March 1, 2016 – Primary Election Date:
- The deadline to register is February 1, 2016.
- May 24, 2016 – Primary Runoff Election Date:
- The deadline to register is. April 25, 2016.
It’s National _____ Day:
- Spouses Day – A time to appreciate and enjoy your Spouse!
- Green Juice Day – to inspire you to keep your wellness resolutions in the New Year.
Calendar of Events:
- Adult Kickball Spring Registration – Jan 26 thru Feb. 12th all-day
- The Mosaic Center Job and Life Skills Class Registration – Jan 26 @ 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- New Poster Exhibit – Texas Forestry Museum Jan 26 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Christian Men’s Job Corps of Nacogdoches opens classes! Jan 27 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe. (NLT)
- “God’s kingdom is breaking through, bit by bit. Recognize it, and wonder at it.” ~ Brant Hansen
- Kevin and I had a local police officer. Talking about how the people he works with at his local police department are committed to integrity. The police officers he works with all pursued the career because they truly wanted to serve & protect. This is a great call to honor local officers. (He ask to remain anonymous!)
- Should Christian’s unfriend unbelievers?
Stories from PrayerWorks
- Prayer for Jason – He was airlifted to East Texas Medical Center-Tyler for treatment of his injuries. He was in an accident with an 18 wheeler. Thank you for your prayers for healing! (His family and friends)
- God answered! Praise God! Our House is under contract! It’s only being on the market for 2 weeks. It’s also being sold to someone that happens to go to our church!
- It is a miracle! Thank you! Many of you prayed for my son and my request that he would get help with his addiction. It is a miracle! He is willing to get help and he is now in the process of detoxing at a treatment center. I know without the Lord and prayer this never would have happened! Thank you and God bless you for supporting us in prayer!!!
- To submit a Prayer, Go Here! To submit a Story of Praise, Go Here!
Good Friends (that’s you!),
Al and Kevin
Whether because of divorce or distance, a man who has had a difficult or nonexistent relationship with his father isn’t doomed to repeat the past. Regardless of your circumstances, you can be different from your father. To break the chains and be the dad you want to be, you’ll need to identify those chains and then be very intentional about getting free from them.
The wounds and difficulties run deep. For most men, healing is possible with some honest soul-searching, thoughtful reflection and hard work. Let me suggest the following steps as a starting point for you to learn to break the chains of poor parenting so you can become a great dad:
Assess the baggage from your past.
Understanding who you are, and why you are that way, is a critical first step in being a better dad.
Begin to address your parenting issues.
If you’ve identified some of the father chains you’ve inherited, take the next step and address those issues. Seek out the help of an older, wiser man.
A seasoned perspective can bring understanding you’d otherwise miss
Change your ways, every day.
The adage is true: A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step. So start the journey to become the dad you long to be today by changing your ways. Rather than be overwhelmed by your deficiencies in the dad department, take on just one area in which you can improve and see what you can do to make some change