When one door closes, another opens; But we often look so long and so regretfully upon the close door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
God says, “I will give him the key to the house of David – the highest position in the royal court. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.” – Isaiah 22:22
Whatever It is You Want to Do, Do it. You Only have So Many Tomorrows. ~ #TobyMac #SpeakLife
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” ~ Matthew 7:24
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” Colossians 3:23
Hacking through a winter’s worth of clutter is one of spring cleaning’s more aggravating tasks. Tackling overgrown mounds of winter coats or heaps of dusty old magazines can be tough enough, but if your storage space is severely limited, finding a place to put it all can be nearly impossible.
- Toss It – If you haven’t used something in more than two years, there’s a good chance you never will. Toss it, donate it to charity or put it in deep storage.
- Shrink It – You’ve probably seen the ads for the vacuum seal storage bags on TV. Stuff in a bunch of pillows and blankets, seal it up and then suck out the air with your vacuum cleaner. For plush items like blankets, pillows and winter clothes, you can reduce your storage needs by 75 percent. In addition to saving space, the bags have hygienic benefits, too, protecting your stuff from dampness and dust mites.
- Think Horizontal – Most people make poor use of out-of-the way floor space. The areas under beds, couches or small crawl spaces either go unused. Label containers for quick access and reserve easy-to-reach spaces for frequently used items.
- Think Vertical -If the top shelf of your closet has become a disorganized dumping ground for all manner of junk, you’re not making good use of your vertical space, either. By adding a few extra storage units to your shelf, you can not only get your mess under control, but add extra feet of storage space to your closet. And by buying easily stackable, modular units, you can expand your storage as your space needs grow.
And you can apply this same principle to your garage. Simply invest in a few heavy-duty hooks that you can sink into your garage’s rafters to get bikes and other large items out of the way.
Grandma invites wrong teen to Thanksgiving, now every teen wants to come! By Sophie Hirsh
Usually, a text sent to a wrong number is nothing but a mundane annoyance. But for Jamal Hinton, a 17-year-old from Phoenix, it turned into a new friend and a Thanksgiving dinner invitation.
“Free candy and Property Crime”
- Home burglaries skyrocket 60% on Halloween
- Insurance claims for theft away from home spike by 21% (usually people taking valuables from cars.)
- Experts say to leave your plans for the night OFF of social media as it just hints that your home is empty!
- LOCK your car.
- LOCK your door into your house & lock inside your garage. Thieves can open cars easily and use your garage clicker to go right into your house, if you leave the door from the garage into the house unlocked!
- Turn on lights in the back of your house, whether your home or not home this week. Many thieves hop the fence and try to enter from the back yard.
- Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe. (NLT)
- “God’s kingdom is breaking through, bit by bit. Recognize it, and wonder at it.” ~ Brant Hansen
- Kevin and I had a local police officer. Talking about how the people he works with at his local police department are committed to integrity. The police officers he works with all pursued the career because they truly wanted to serve & protect. This is a great call to honor local officers. (He ask to remain anonymous!)
- Should Christian’s unfriend unbelievers?
Stories from PrayerWorks
- Prayer for Jason – He was airlifted to East Texas Medical Center-Tyler for treatment of his injuries. He was in an accident with an 18 wheeler. Thank you for your prayers for healing! (His family and friends)
- God answered! Praise God! Our House is under contract! It’s only being on the market for 2 weeks. It’s also being sold to someone that happens to go to our church!
- It is a miracle! Thank you! Many of you prayed for my son and my request that he would get help with his addiction. It is a miracle! He is willing to get help and he is now in the process of detoxing at a treatment center. I know without the Lord and prayer this never would have happened! Thank you and God bless you for supporting us in prayer!!!
- To submit a Prayer, Go Here! To submit a Story of Praise, Go Here!
Good Friends (that’s you!),
Al and Kevin