ANN – Mother’s Day winner for Friday (Last Winner)
- 3 piece set of jewelry from Barb’s Beads,
- an AVON assortment from Rebecca Sosa/AVON store,
- a hard copy of Stepping Stones II by Mark Gregston,
- Prayers for Teens by Mark Gregston
- a devotional cookbook by Haven Ministries
Things You Could do that might be special
- The Job of Planning Valentine’s Day – You know what’s a nice gift for the woman who makes your whole life run smoothly? A vacation from planning. Show her you care by making some reservations and booking a babysitter. If you’re the planner in your family, then by all means do the opposite.
- Jewelry – But be creative don’t just go for the average box jewelry you can get anywhere.
- Massage or spa treatment
- PAY ATTENTION – women mostly know you are paying attention it may be a little late but try paying attention to things she says she enjoys or likes make a mental note or write it down in your phone – nothing scores brownies points like remembering the littlest comment she made
- Write a love note – tell her 14 things you love about her
- Ask a her friends –When in doubt think about asking her best friend often they know something she has talked about before
Creative Idea: Put your jewelry on display using custom organizing solutions. (Homemade Simple Newsletter)
Talk to Your Kids: Meaningful Conversations Boost Kids’ Language Skills (Health Day/Yahoo News)
Eat & Be Happy: 5 Foods that Boost Your Mood (Yahoo Health)
Hats off To Local Business: The Drug Free Business Partnership, a committee of The Coalition, is recognizing businesses that have made the choice to go smoke-free. For May, Ray’s Drive-In Cafe was awarded a plaque for providing customers a healthy, smoke-free environment. To nominate another business that has gone smoke-free, contact Jean East of The Coalition at (936)634-9308 or email email@example.com.
Q: 46 percent of us feel that this is not a good reason to stay home from work.
A: Hold Your Mouse Here For Answer
Keepsake Christmas Ornament Box – How to make a decoupage box to store keepsake Christmas ornaments in.(crafty-moms.com)
What should parents do to keep kids safe when they go on the Internet? Here are some quick tips… (Cyber Safety)
10 Things You Should Never Buy New – Books and more. (MSN)
Would You Ever Haggle At Wal-Mart? Experts name 5 places where haggling may pay off! (MSN Money-SmartMoney.com)
Bailout Dead, Automakers Look For Lifeline – Their efforts in Congress squashed, automakers are looking to the White House to quickly provide a multibillion lifeline to help them avoid collapse. TAKE THE POLL – WHAT DO YOU THINK? (Yahoo! News-The Associated Press)
Box Office News: Go Here for What’s New at the Theatre? (Plugged In) Click here for Bob Waliszewski with current Movie reviews!