How Imelda’s Prolific Rain, Flooding Compares to Harvey in East Texas. By Jonathan Erdman – Weather.com
At a Glance
- Imelda has dumped prolific rainfall in parts of eastern Texas.
- Some areas have picked up 20 to 42 inches of rain.
- In a few areas, the flooding has been described as worse than that during Harvey.
- Harvey’s record-setting rain was much more widespread than Imelda.
- Imelda pounded part of Texas with rainfall measured in feet, not inches… Compare to the then record-smashing rain from Hurricane Harvey two years ago.
Vidor, Texas, Police Chief Rod Carroll told The Weather Channel that flooding in the town was “worse during this storm than it was during Hurricane Harvey.”
Watch a Louisiana teen as he surprises his brother every day when he gets off the bus. Each day a different costume…
Hurricane Harvey an Extremely Dangerous Flood Threat for Texas, Louisiana; Hurricane, Storm Surge Watches Issued – CBSN Click below for youtube.
After Church, the first thing I did before I shut down all the music, lights and more was Look at KTRE for headlines! I have several sources… Jeff and Heather Buchanan… whose son plays on the team posted….
“The Thundering 13 of the Southwest did it again…beating a very good team from New England 6-3!! Be still my heart!!
They are now in the SEMI-FINALS of the Little League World Series!!! Next game is Wednesday at 6:30pm central/7:30pm Eastern on ESPN!!!!
Surreal is an understatement!! It was so great to get to spend some time with our sweet #21 after the game!! 💜💜💜 #lukinatwilliamsport #thundering13ofsw #llbws
August 23: Lufkin will face North Carolina on Wednesday.
- Canada vs. Japan | 2 p.m. cdt | ESPN | Watch ESPN | Game 23
- Texas vs. North Carolina | 6:30p.m. cdt | ESPN | Watch ESPN | Game 24