(FOX NEWS) – University of Tennessee turns elementary school student’s T-shirt design into official apparel. The young University of Tennessee fan that was bullied last week for a homemade shirt he wore to his school’s collegiate day was shown an outpouring of support that has since inspired the university to make his design into an official piece of apparel.
“Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. ” ~ Vince Lombardi
What does it take to make a Team Work?
Teams pull the knowledge and experience of a diverse group of employees together to accomplish a short-term or ongoing task.
Elements of and effective Team – (Go Here for More Details) Knowing what it takes for effective teamwork will help you build and maintain high-performance teams throughout your organization.
- Commitment and Trust.
- All members of a high-impact team must be fully committed to achieving the team’s mission and goals.
- Effective teams must have open lines of communication. Communication must be honest and flow between all team members equally.
- Diversity of Capabilities.
- Teams that possess a wide range of professional competencies can be more fully equipped to meet a wide range of challenges. Take time to ensure each team member has skills and strengths to complement the skills, strengths and weaknesses of other on the team.
- High-powered teams must be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions. Team strategies, goals, tasks, workflows and even members can change over the life of the team. Team members should be able to rally together and meet new challenges head-on.
- Creative Freedom.
- All team members should feel free to think creatively–to try new things and fail without the fear of consequences. This aspect of teamwork brings together all of the other elements for effective teamwork.
Seven days of no swimming makes one weak. Spring is Here!
Look around you and remember all the good things of Spring are actually here! So what are you waiting for… buy some sand and let’s have a bar-b-q in the back yard! Or head to the Lake or Beach…
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. – Psalm 37:4
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
Huntington Beats Tarkington 21-14 and makes history with playoff berth! There are five team in the district and means Huntington will make the playoffs for the first time in school history.
(Video from Huntington ISD Athletics)