Trust Him to give you what you need, when you need it. If you find yourself doubting, reminisce about how He’s been faithful to you in the past, present and trust God to provide in the future!
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Matthew 6:8 Continue reading
Prayer Focus from Prayer Calendar
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” ~ John 3:16
Also Pray for:
Music Assistant – Joshua
Prayer Focus from Prayer Calendar
“Seek the Kingdom of God and all other things will be given…” ~ Matthew 6:33
Youth in Your Community
Also Pray for:
Admin Assistant/Development Director Kim Childress
- “Those who trust in the Lord will never lack for anything.” Psalm 34:10
- “The Lord hears His people when they call on Him for help.” Psalm 34:17
- “Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Matthew 6:34
A Personal God: Do you see God as some kind of impersonal being who is more concerned with punishing people than showing them love? However, the idea of God is impersonal is just that—an idea. It’s an incorrect one idea. God loves you, and it is your knowledge of and belief in His love that will boost your confidence. I have found that this comes through meditating on God’s the Word and spending time talking and listening to Him. When you read the Bible, be curious as you search for revelation and read expecting God to speak a word to your spirit that is meant specifically for you.
The Scripture says that God is love, “And we know (understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience) and believe (adhere to and put faith in and rely on) the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him.” (1 John 4:16). AMP
Popular Song & Heart Tugging Story Behind It: Sanctus Real’s Matt Hammitt wrote “Lead Me” for his wife Sarah. Matt and Sarah made the decision to share this song and their story in the hopes that others will be reminded that they are not alone in the “Lead Me” journey. This commitment to lean in to one another and into relationship with God takes time and effort. Above all else, this commitment takes prayer.
Lead Me Prayers: Click on the links below…
1. Lead Me Kids 2. Lead Me Husbands 3. Lead Me Wives
Artists Prayer Update: Yesterday we requested prayer for Matt and His family… here is the update… Bowen’s surgery is done and he’s off life support…he’s doing great! Next 24 hrs will tell us a lot, but we are soaking in the moment. Praise God! If you missed the prayer request yesterday here’s how it started please pray for Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real and his family. Bowen arrived September 9th at 7:59 PM. He underwent a heart catheterization that night and will undergo his first surgery tomorrow (Monday 9/13) at 7:30 AM CDT.
In other artist news please pray for Aaron Shust’s son is also hospitalized with a feeding tube as they run tests.
If You Are Looking: 6 ways to come up with a down payment on a home (KTRE)
- FHA has programs that benefit state employees who choose careers that fill a void. Teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and medical technicians are eligible for deep discounts on home ownership. The Department of Housing and Urban Development offers a Good Neighbor Next Door program that will allow state workers to buy a home for 50% off of the list price. All homeowners need to do is live in the house for three years to be eligible for the discount. The house must be their sole residence. That’s a pretty good perk for working in a respectable profession.
- State have Programs to make home ownership more affordable to lower income and moderate income buyers. For example, the state of Georgia has a program which offers assistance to lower income borrowers. States like Ohio offer down payment assistance grants for new graduates. Many states have similar programs.
- Retirement Plans You can use up to $10,000 in funds for your first home purchase from your IRA, penalty free. Taking the money out of your 401(k), on the other hand, is a bit trickier. You can take a hardship withdrawal, but you will pay taxes on the amount that you withdraw and pay a 10% penalty. You can take a loan out from your 401(k) but you will have to repay the loan with interest.
- Extra Income Take a part-time job or, you could ask to work overtime at your job for a few months until you have enough saved. You could do odd jobs around your neighborhood, such as painting, pet sitting or landscaping.
- Gifts Now is the time to hit up the Bank of Mom and Dad. If not, see if relatives and friends want to contribute to your home buying quest. You just may find that Uncle John and others are more than happy to kick in funds to see your real estate dreams come true.
- Loans Did you fail to convince Mom and Dad to give you the down payment for free? Another option is to ask them for a loan. Write up a contract and agree to repay the amount of money that they lend you.
Being calm amidst pressure is so much easier said than done.
Fret not yourself because of evildoers, and be not envious of the wicked, for the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out. Proverbs 24:19,20
As easy as it may be to let the ways of the wicked get under our skin, be reminded that in the end, the evil man has no future. Don’t hold a grudge. Let it go and watch God do His thing. (thedailyverse.com/Kat Davis)