As the old saying goes, “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” It means that if we haven’t got the opportunity to do the great things, we can gain success by doing the small things perfectly. – Napoleon Hill
- “God’s gift to those who seek Him is Himself.”
- “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” –Napoleon Hill
- “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.” –B.C. Forbes
Facebook Question: The sun is going to come out this weekend… Do you have any special plans?
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
Do this today, with everyone you meet, and consider repeating that behavior until it becomes a way of living. That will show people the true body of Christ more than anything else.
Totally Worth the Money Lots of people are talking about saving money and planning for tomorrow. Here some three things that are totally worth the money. This is a list of things that are from my list and from some of my friends and family.
1. Owning a trailer. When we moved into our current house, I borrowed a utility trailer. We are saving for a 5 x 8 steel trailer with high slat sides and a ramp that drops down in the back.
2. Online movie rentals or movie box rentals. Whether it’s Redbox, Blockbuster or Netflix, I love it and no matter the category they have it.
3. Noise cancelling headphones. If you do a decent amount of air travel, do yourself a favor and get yourself a set of noise cancelling headphones. Yes, they are expensive, but they are fantastic.
What about you? What things do you own that are totally worth the money?
An Ahhh story to warm your heart: In a heartwarming example of selfless love, head baseball coach Tom Walter, from Wake Forest University in North Carolina stepped in for one of his freshmen players, when no one in the boy’s family was a match for his much-needed kidney donation.
Kevin Jordan—a Yankees draft pick—was recruited to Wake Forest last year, but soon after the decision was made, he began feeling sick and was ultimately diagnosed with ANCA (anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies) Vasculitis; his kidneys quickly beginning to fail.
Two days before classes were to start, Jordan’s kidneys were functioning at only 8 percent. When no one in his family was a suitable match for donation, Walter offered to be tested and was found to be a match. “The last person tested was Kevin’s brother and it came back negative,” said Walter, according to an ESPN report. “So Keith called me and said, ‘If you were serious, we might need you to do this.’ I never hesitated.”
The report states that both underwent their surgeries on Monday, with successful results; doctors say they expect each to “recover fully.” Kevin Jordan’s father calls his son’s decision to go to Wake Forest University “Divine intervention.”
Weekend Box Office… 3 Movie Option This Weekend: Nomeo & Juliet, New Beiber Movie, The Eagle. One for kids, the girls & dad. Listen to this weeks review with Bob of Plugged In.
Or go to Plugged In
When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Matthew 10:19,20
If there’s anyone you can trust to guide you properly, it’s the Lord. Listen and follow. He won’t lead you astray. (thedailyverse.com/Kat Davis)
Power Thoughts Continue reading
Many times the fear of what is to come is much worse than what is to come. Don’t forget that the enemy tries diligently to remind you that life and all it will bring is very daunting. Those thoughts can paralyze you, and keep you from actually living. Take this truthful reminder to heart – that God has placed a spirit of love and self-control within you. That means you choose what you’re going to focus your energy on – not someone else. Exercise those gifts and experience the freedom promised to you. (thedailyverse.com)
…for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
Power Thoughts Continue reading