Though No One can go back and Make a Brand New Start, Anyone can start from now and Make a Brand New Ending.
Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an Extraordinary Destiny. ~ C.S. Lewis
“It may feel like work now, but feeling financially secure will offer you peace of mind.”
It’s Financial Planning Month… You may wish to consider some of the following easy tips to stay on budget. It can be easy to let your finances fall by the wayside when juggling work, family, school and other priorities.
October is Financial Planning Month and a perfect time to make sure you are prepared for the future.
Shop your closets before hitting the stores. You never know what you might find. There may be barely used or new school supplies, forgotten clothes, or an older backpack that’s suddenly trendy again.
Run inside and play. This year, when you get home from work and school, make it a point to spend at least 15 to 30 minutes connecting as a family: play a game, take a walk, snuggle on the couch. This simple idea can do wonders to reduce whining, sibling rivalry and marital strife.
1. Help your child be familiar with what to expect – classroom, teacher, etc.
2. Talk about positive aspects – help your child look forward with excitement, and take away the “unknown.”
3. Be prepared ahead of time – lay out clothes, backpack, and breakfast. *Don’t have a rushed morning.
4. Know what they’re learning, and help them apply it to their world. Show them that learning is for everyone (including you) for all of life.
5. Get involved – attend open houses and know the calendar.