“Christmas is not a time or a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” — Calvin Coolidge
1. The Grinch thought, “Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps. . . means a little bit more.”
2. For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich. ~ 2 Corinthians 8:9
3. When we think of God, we think of the most powerful and richest being in the whole universe. Yet, our Lord Jesus was actually born into a poor family? We know this from the offering His mother Mary brought to the temple after Jesus was born, according to the Law for purification. (Luke 2:22–24) She brought a pair of turtledoves or young pigeons, which was the only type of offering the poor could afford. (Leviticus 12:2, 8)
But with Jesus in their lives, Mary and her husband Joseph didn’t remain poor. Wise men came to Jesus with treasures—“And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.” (Matthew 2:11)
“The Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” – Isaiah 7:14
- On a real day — in real history. In a real city — in a real world. The real Savior — to take away all our guilt. The real and only Christ — to fulfill all our hopes. The real Lord — to defeat all our enemies, and make us safe and satisfied for ever.
- You can know Him today. Because On this real day, today — Today not History, You can live in freedom!
- In a real place — Where you are now in this world. Whatever that is
- Knowing The real Savior will take away all your guilt.
- The one and only real Christ — God through Christ will fulfill all your hopes.
- The real Lord — Will defeat all your enemies, and make you safe and satisfied for ever.
How does someone, maybe you, get past fear?
Realize Fear is only… “False Evidence Appearing Real.” — Unknown
[After you read the testimony offered here, Scroll down for the group Newsong’s “Hope Changes Everything”]
We’ve heard many things you’ve done to reach to our Texas friends. Whether help came from far away or close to home, you have “Served Others by being Real” in the midst of a horrific storm. The Hope you poured out Changes Everything!
The Ministry continues to hear from people driving from far away states, Nevada, Ohio, (the list is long), to as close as the next town over … Many of you sharing stories of how you saw Christ in so many people who were helping.
As assistance continues & remains a need, remember each day before it ends to thank God for moving on so many hearts offering help to others! You’re love “Connects people to a Real and Loving God.” God moved on your heart to “Share the Hope of Jesus and Know it Changes Lives!”