(Scroll down for New “Chris Tomlin” Music Video)
At PrayerWorks This Story – I’m Beautiful!
“As a single parent you often face many challenges. Trying to fit everyone’s needs and wants into your own schedule. Many times I felt like “Lord, I can’t!” “I’m running low on fuel”. Sometimes I caught myself just crying with no sense of “why?”
One evening after work I changed my radio station and I heard “You’re beautiful,You are made for so much more than all of this” by Mercy Me. And then it hit me, I am loved, I am fierce, and I can defeat the enemy. I’m Beautiful! And since then my kids and I sing along to just about every song we hear. Some of their favorites are “Give me your eyes”, “Just be held”. The mornings with Al & Kevin are daily breakfast. Thank you for all that you do!”
(From Al & Kevin – “Thank you, that’s very kind of you! We join you in praising God for what KSWP & KAVX means to us all!”)
Odd Plane Idea:
Authorities say a man attempted to open the door of a Lufthansa Airlines jet during a flight to Belgrade. The man was quickly restrained and placed in a business class seat for the rest of the flight. Some people will do anything to get an upgrade.
We were touched by the logic of the following email from a friend. What do you think? Comment below!
“No one has been able to explain to me why young men and women serve in the U.S. Military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50% of their pay on retirement.
While Politicians hold their political positions, in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full-pay retirement after serving one term.
It just does not make any sense. Andrews AFB golf course (where the political elite play), Congressional barber shops, and Congressional fitness centers remain open during the “shutdown”, while death benefits to soldiers are delayed and the WW2 memorial and national parks are not only closed, extra expenses are incurred to barricade and enforce the closures … not to mention health care to critically ill children temporarily suspended.”
- “Those who trust in the Lord will never lack for anything.” Psalm 34:10
- “The Lord hears His people when they call on Him for help.” Psalm 34:17
- “Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Matthew 6:34
A Personal God: Do you see God as some kind of impersonal being who is more concerned with punishing people than showing them love? However, the idea of God is impersonal is just that—an idea. It’s an incorrect one idea. God loves you, and it is your knowledge of and belief in His love that will boost your confidence. I have found that this comes through meditating on God’s the Word and spending time talking and listening to Him. When you read the Bible, be curious as you search for revelation and read expecting God to speak a word to your spirit that is meant specifically for you.
The Scripture says that God is love, “And we know (understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience) and believe (adhere to and put faith in and rely on) the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him.” (1 John 4:16). AMP
Popular Song & Heart Tugging Story Behind It: Sanctus Real’s Matt Hammitt wrote “Lead Me” for his wife Sarah. Matt and Sarah made the decision to share this song and their story in the hopes that others will be reminded that they are not alone in the “Lead Me” journey. This commitment to lean in to one another and into relationship with God takes time and effort. Above all else, this commitment takes prayer.
Lead Me Prayers: Click on the links below…
1. Lead Me Kids 2. Lead Me Husbands 3. Lead Me Wives
Artists Prayer Update: Yesterday we requested prayer for Matt and His family… here is the update… Bowen’s surgery is done and he’s off life support…he’s doing great! Next 24 hrs will tell us a lot, but we are soaking in the moment. Praise God! If you missed the prayer request yesterday here’s how it started please pray for Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real and his family. Bowen arrived September 9th at 7:59 PM. He underwent a heart catheterization that night and will undergo his first surgery tomorrow (Monday 9/13) at 7:30 AM CDT.
In other artist news please pray for Aaron Shust’s son is also hospitalized with a feeding tube as they run tests.
If You Are Looking: 6 ways to come up with a down payment on a home (KTRE)
- FHA has programs that benefit state employees who choose careers that fill a void. Teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and medical technicians are eligible for deep discounts on home ownership. The Department of Housing and Urban Development offers a Good Neighbor Next Door program that will allow state workers to buy a home for 50% off of the list price. All homeowners need to do is live in the house for three years to be eligible for the discount. The house must be their sole residence. That’s a pretty good perk for working in a respectable profession.
- State have Programs to make home ownership more affordable to lower income and moderate income buyers. For example, the state of Georgia has a program which offers assistance to lower income borrowers. States like Ohio offer down payment assistance grants for new graduates. Many states have similar programs.
- Retirement Plans You can use up to $10,000 in funds for your first home purchase from your IRA, penalty free. Taking the money out of your 401(k), on the other hand, is a bit trickier. You can take a hardship withdrawal, but you will pay taxes on the amount that you withdraw and pay a 10% penalty. You can take a loan out from your 401(k) but you will have to repay the loan with interest.
- Extra Income Take a part-time job or, you could ask to work overtime at your job for a few months until you have enough saved. You could do odd jobs around your neighborhood, such as painting, pet sitting or landscaping.
- Gifts Now is the time to hit up the Bank of Mom and Dad. If not, see if relatives and friends want to contribute to your home buying quest. You just may find that Uncle John and others are more than happy to kick in funds to see your real estate dreams come true.
- Loans Did you fail to convince Mom and Dad to give you the down payment for free? Another option is to ask them for a loan. Write up a contract and agree to repay the amount of money that they lend you.
Museum on Holocaust gripped by shooting: The most prominent American museum on violence against Jews was the scene of bloodshed, its doors breached by an assailant who opened fire with a rifle, killing a guard in an attack linked to a white supremacist’s hate. (AP)
Change Your Space: Tips on Decorating Your Office Space (allbusiness.com)
Health News: How to Stop Getting Sick When You Travel (Fox News)
Money Smarts: A 10-year countdown to retirement security (KTRE TV)
20 Timeless Money Rules: Number One – Be Humble (CNN Money)