Dear God, If Today I Lose Hope, Please Remind Me that Your Plans are Better than My Dreams! – InspireMe
Jeremiah 29:11 … For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Probably one of the most poplar quoted scriptures but that doesn’t make it less true! God loves you and want you to trust Him with your dreams!
Life is hard! People fail! Stuff happens! If only we could grasp God’s love for us don’t you think it would change everything? I don’t think my finite mind can even come close to possibly understanding the first thing about the depth of God’s love for me or you.
17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. Ephesians 3:17-18New Living Translation (NLT)
Monday’s Word of the Day: If you really want to do something, you ll find a way! If you don’t, you ll find an excuse.
Sometimes you want to give up. you’re feeling a bit like that today maybe, as you try to run faster and get back in shape to run a half marathon in the spring. If you’re honest, you occasionally feel that way too. Whether it’s a relationship, a job, a heart issue, etc., that feeling of just throwing in the towel seems like a great solution, at least temporarily. While there are times where change is necessary, that’s not giving up. Change isn’t giving up; doing nothing is giving up. Quotes from Rachel Wojo.
Bible Verses for When You Feel Like Giving Up:
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Deut. 31:6
- The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28:7
- But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
- Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Eph. 6:10
If we built a time machine and you could travel back to ONE moment in the Scripture for 1 hour.
Where would you go?