KSWP will hold a “Moment of Silence” to correspond with and in observant of … the attacks on September 11, 2001.
The show of respect begins at 7:46 a.m. (CDT) this morning. It’s the time the first plane, American Airlines Flight 11, struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
Go Here for more info on “Patriot Day.“
Successful people work harder in silence, succeeding on purpose, then let success do the talking.
Need a Brain Boost? Try This
It’s 4 p.m., and you’ve still got a ton to tackle on your to-do list—but zero motivation to do it. No need to chug a triple-jolt espresso; the solution may be as simple as pulling out a stick of gum. A recent study published in the British Journal of Psychology finds that chewing gum improves cognitive performance.
In a study the people who chewed gum had quicker reaction times and were more accurate in discovering patterns than the people who didn’t chew gum. The stimulus of chewing gum causes a spike in dopamine, which is a chemical that helps the brain focus.
- Change locations – Moving your laptop from your cubicle to the conference room could give you all the motivation you need to pound out that project – The brain responds positively to novelty.
- Visit cuteoverload.com -Researchers in Japan found that images of baby animals significantly improved cognitive performance.
- Pop a mint – Research has found that peppermint and cinnamon scents can increase alertness and mental performance.
- Take a hike (or at least a walk around the parking lot) -Cognitive performance improves while walking, according to research.
- Hit the gym – The above tricks have a short-term effect, but exercise can actually enhance your concentration abilities for the long-haul (plus, recent research shows that quick bouts of physical activity can improve your self-control). That is about 20 minutes a day.
MARCH 30TH – It’s National…
- I Am in Control Day
- Little Red Wagon Day
- Doctors Day
- Pencil Day
- Take a Walk in the Park Day
- Turkey Neck Soup Day
Ecclesiastes 3 (ESV) ~ For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.