Encouraging Words for the Day: Strength is when you have so much to cry for but, you prefer to smile instead!
15 Crazy Things Happen at Weddings!
Pastors and other church staff have a plethora of stories to tell about weddings they have officiated. Unfortunately, they are often constrained from telling the stories lest their church members become offended.
For that reason, I gather the stories from the pastors on social media and become their spokesperson. For the most part, these stories are repeated only with minor changes. The essence of the stories is unchanged.
There were so many great submissions. Click more to see the list!
- Power Thoughts to start the day:
We… are like fragile clay jars containing a great treasure, which makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” 2 Corinthians 4:7
- “Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
Flower Girls tells her dad not to embarrass her! Dad, you don’t understand weddings at all!
JoJo is going to be in a wedding as the flower girl, but her main concern is that her dad will embarrass her. She tells her father, “You CAN’T call my name when I’m going to be walking down the aisle. No-one can call us, because we’re going to be busy walking down the aisle.” When her father asked if he could just yell “Princess!” instead, she threw up her hands and said, “No, because Dad, there will be lots of people sitting, and then they’re just going to hear us!” (Go Here for Video)
Stories from PrayerWorks
• Thanks Lord, September 22, 2015
Thank you all for your prayers as our customer accepted our price! All the glory given to God!
• I Love Listening You’re Like Family, August 14, 2015
I have been listening to KSWP since 1994 and its awesome and uplifting. Keep up the good work. Thank you so much. You are like my church family, my church group and my companion. Love you all.
- “Every life is a story make yours a best seller.”
- Realize you are responsible for your life. The decisions, the choices you make are yours.
- Learn from your mistakes, but focus on your future, not on your past.
Weddings (whether Royal or otherwise) are in the news. Here are some marriage tips that Michelle and I believe will make a difference in your marriage.
- If you have a conflict, resolve it as quick as you can the day the problem occurs.
- The closer you and your spouse are to God, the closer you will be to each other.
- Establish a weekly date night dedicated to going out together.
- What other marriage tips would you offer? Comment, share or like below…
Good Friends Question of the Day: What advice would you give to newly or soon to be newly weds? Comment, share or like below… or call 800-944-8443.
East Texas Community Events:
- Hospice Extreme Makeover WHAT: Volunteers and funds needed for Deep East Texas Association of Builders Extreme Makeover for Hospice
WHEN: Demolition begins Saturday, April 30 with ribbon cutting on May 13th
WHERE: Hospice in the Pines, 116 S. Raguet, Lufkin
Please call Brandy Terry, (936)875-3000 for more information.
- Dr. Bill Shelton’s Totally Awesome Fishing Adventure WHAT: Dr. Bill Shelton’s Totally Awesome Fising Adventure Fundraiser for indigent cancer patients
WHEN: Saturday, April 30, 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.WHERE: Cassels-Boykin Park on Sam RayburnPlease call Lindsey Mott, (936)639-7613 for more information.
Someone sent me this video. It’s awesome…amazing, what God does when no one is watching…well I guess someone was…God still creates art. WOW!