A wise, old saying from Proverbs: “To answer before listening is folly and shame.” (Proverbs 18:13)
William Arthur Ward said, “Before You Speak, Listen.” I admit Listening before talking is hard work. Our impulse is to answer. If you resist, it takes self-control and self-denial. Al
“In Creation God did all the work and rested. In Redemption God did all the Work so You could rest. ~ Tim Keller
If Plan “A” didn’t work, the Alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool.
And if you get to “Z” and it still doesnt work, excel sheets continue with aa…ab… in Excel! 🙂
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. – Proverbs 16:9
Whatever It is You Want to Do, Do it. You Only have So Many Tomorrows. ~ #TobyMac #SpeakLife
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” ~ Matthew 7:24
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” Colossians 3:23
Parenting is a delicate balance of convincing your child they can do anything in life,
Simultaneously screaming “Don’t do that!” every three minutes.
You can help your child improve this executive function by building some working memory boosters into his daily life.
- Work on visualization skills. …
- Have your child teach you. …
- Suggest games that use visual memory. …
- Play cards. …
- Encourage active reading. …
- Chunk information into smaller bites. …
- Make it multisensory.
The Difference Between Your Job and Your Work
So what IS the difference between your job and your work? Let’s find out.
- Your job is what you do for other people. Your work is what you primarily do for yourself.
- Your job is what you do for compensation. Your work is what you do for fulfillment.
- Your job is given to you by someone else. Your work is something you give to yourself.
- Your job is something you’re trained to do. Your work is what you’re born to do.
- Your job relies on your skill. Your work relies on your core gift(s).
- Your job will eventually let you retire. With you work, you wouldn’t WANT to retire, because you love it so much and it blesses the world so much.